Monday, October 14, 2013

The Resurrection of a Blog

It's been a long time.

I have thought about deleting this blog.  I haven't written on it regularly in years.  Yet, each time I held the mouse over the button I just couldn't do it...

Blogging was a way to pass the time during a hard time in my life.  I had lost my voice and was without hope that it would ever return.  Five years does not seem so long now.  At the time it felt like an eternity.  The first three years were a struggle with times of improvement.  The last two were the darkest.  Through writing I found a voice.  Then, when I regained my ability to speak, I slowly stopped writing.

This blog developed into something I hadn't quite envisioned when I started.  Communicating with people from different backgrounds and view points inspired me to learn more and helped to solidify what I believed and why. Unfortunately, where politics are concerned, everything is subject to change and you really have to be paying attention to keep up.  I stopped paying attention.

I am now writing for a new monthly newspaper here in Colorado, Common Sense News.  The fourth edition is being printed and will hit the stands this week containing the third article I have written for them.  This time we've added a link to this blog.  I wanted to have a place where people have access to information that I gather and to, hopefully, revive the spirit of dialog between people that don't necessarily share the same views but are seeking to understand and to be understood.

I intended to go through and clean things up before the paper went out.  This blog is not what anyone would call professional.  But, you know what?  I've decided to leave it as is.

Things have changed.  Our two daughters are now married and our son is a junior in college.

My goal is to post here at least once a week.

Common Sense News is a free publication that can be picked up in many locations across Colorado.  You can also read the paper online.