Monday, September 1, 2008

Meet Two Dogs of Mean ol' Meany

I grew up in small town Mississippi, the spawn of two hippies in 1964. I saw the liberal side of life growing up. Anarchy is not pretty. When I graduated high school, I went into the construction field and eventually ran my own company. Marriage, a solo kid and my life changed drastically. Wife bailed and I raised Junior on my own. I have watched as our public schools have basically become a cultivation center for idiots and leftist thought. Fourth grade condom classes, geez. That's a long way from the schools that I had, so he went to a private Christian school from fourth grade on. I pay property taxes for schools in my area and have no kids in school. How cute!

I went back to college at the age of 33 and received my architecture degree to move even further up the ladder. I am now self-employed yet again and currently pay 53% of my income in federal and state taxes, social security and Medicaid. That is insane!

My son starts college and now I am faced with the cost of a higher education Daddy makes too much money to get federal student loans, but barely enough to send him to school with out of pocket money. The cost of college has been priced damn near out of reach because 85% of student loan recipients default and that money causes everything to keep going up in regard to education. I cannot imagine what it would be like to try to send two kids to college.

The moral degradation of society and the lax standards of all of our government entities drive me up the wall. We re-elect people that we KNOW are corrupt. I thank the Lord daily that he took my grandfather when he did because I would be ashamed for Pop to see the downward spiral of our country because of increasing moral equivalency.

And I cuss too much.


Two Dogs is a say it like he sees it kind of guy. You don't have to worry about this Southerner sugar coating anything and you know exactly where he stands! His blog contains foul language and crude analogies, so ladies, you've been warned (men, you too!). He has graciously agreed to tone that down here on my blog when he contributes and I thank him for that. Personally, I look beyond that and see a man who is passionately concerned about our country and who really researches things. I always look forward to what he has to say about the political scene.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Wow - what a contrast Two Dogs is to some of the others - and thank you Two Dogs for being willing to tone down the language a bit here - but I too look forward to the opinions!